Thursday, May 19, 2016

ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!



This summer I was given the opportunity to do a 6 week ministry internship at a church in the country of Panamá. Panamá is a Spanish speaking country in Latin America. I have been in Panamá two times previous to this trip. The other trips I went on, were with my youth group and I was only down for about a week. This trip I am flying down by myself and living there for 6 weeks. I will be a receptionist for the church I am working with. I will be communicating to people in Latin America and in the United States. I will have to speak in Spanish the whole time I am there without a translator most the time. The pastor there does know English, but the purpose of this trip is for me to grow in my faith and Spanish. I will also be in schools helping kids from the ages of Elementary to High School know and understand North American Culture. Most the kids down there know simple English. They know grammar. They do, however, struggle with conversational English. The way they teach Spanish in the United States, is the way they teach English in Latin America. I will be helping kids with their English as well. Helping these kids with their English is something that I want to do for the rest of my life. That is one reason why I am doing this internship. I want to see where God wants me to go in Education. If I could help just one person learn English so that they could get a job and earn money to support them and their family, then I can help break the cycle of Poverty. Poverty is a huge issue in third world countries like Panamá. Panama is just a start. I want to be a traveling English teacher. Constantly in third world countries, helping them understand English and eventually breaking that cycle. This is a huge passion of mine besides my love of God. I know going to Panamá to further my education is big, but I know that without God's blessing on my life I would not be able to do this or anything else from here on out. God has created me for a great purpose. This is my purpose. As the trip gets closer (I leave May 21st), the enemy has tried to give me doubts, fears, and insecurities about this trip. Even some people have said negative things about me going. However, not everyone will understand my calling. God has called me and you to go somewhere in life. I wasn't  created to sit on a couch all day and do nothing. God created us to go out into the world and share his Gospel and love on his people no matter age, sex, race, religion, or even sexual orientation. God has called all of us to share the truth. With the world that we live in, everyone needs to hear the truth. God wants us to reach to the poorest of the poorest and the richest of the richest. God didn't call the equipped, he equipped the called. As I leave the United States and go to Panamá, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I have never done this before and I am experiencing every single emotion you can image. Once a week I hope to post a blog about my trip.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!
    #MillicanThePillican

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison what an awesome opportunity you are going to be blessed beyond what you can think and imagine. We will be praying for you. Glenda, Gerald and Jordan

    ReplyDelete