Friday, October 28, 2016

The Calling

     This has been on my heart for a while now, and I know I'm not the only one who needs to hear this. I will be graduating high school soon, and I have been looking at multiple colleges. College is super expensive. FASA forms are not fun to fill out. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who believes in myself and my dreams, but I know the calling for my life. That calling is to be a teacher to people who can't speak English. I eventually want to travel around the world to help these kids learn English. If they can learn English then, they can get a job, provide for their family, and break the cycle of poverty.  I'm not looking for approval of other people. This is for me, and for anyone else who has a crazy dream:



    Some people will never understand the calling God has on your life, but you can't let stop you. You can't let the opinions of other people get you down. God has called you for a purpose, specifically designed for you. You were created for a purpose. You are special. Your gifts have a purpose and so do your weird quirks. Don't let someone who doesn't understand your relationship with God determine where you go. Just know that God will provide a way for you to go to that mission trip that no one thinks you can make it to. God will get you to the college you need to get to. God has always provided a way, and he will continue to provide a way. Just keep pushing on. Keep pursuing him. He will get you there. I have learned that you can't let these people be your deciding factor. When it comes down to it, it is between you and God. Not you, a family member, and God. It's between you and God. Some people may call you crazy or stupid, but don't let it get to you. Don't let their negativity steal your joy. I can't tell you or myself this enough. Just keep going.


Hebrews 6:19 "For we have this HOPE as an ANCHOR for our souls..." 




No comments:

Post a Comment